Monday, July 18, 2016

Q&A with Kate Flick

Kate Flick is the lead teacher campers met today. She loves working with kids to explore place and story. I asked her some questions to learn more:

Q: What do you do for your job?
A: I am going for my PhD in Natural Resources trying to think about healing landscapes. I also work with the Institute on the Environment's Sustainability Education program where I get to do all sorts of fun education projects.

Q: What do you like best about your job?
A: I really like working with students, especially going on walks outside where we think about who the place is.

Q: What is your favorite thing about water?
A: I love all sorts of things about water but some of my favorite things are swimming and drinking it. It's one of the only things that consistently makes me go "ah."

Q: What is your favorite place on the Mississippi River?
A: I like going over by the West River Parkway and ambling about the cliff sides through the maple, cottonwood forest. And there's a beautiful white sand beach over there.

Q: What do you think people should know about water or that might surprise them about water?
A: People should know that water is life.

Thanks, Kate for leading the campers on water journeys through the landscape!

No comments:

Post a Comment