Campers arrived to day 1 of Rain Camp at Institute on the Environment on the U of MN Campus for a day full of activities like
- Meeting the Storm Drain to ask "Where does the rain go?
- Decorating their nature notebooks
- Learning how to use the cameras
- Finding Rain (an expedition to the roof!)
- Picnic lunch at Cornercopia - the UMN student organic farm
- and Rain Lands, a walking tour of places on St. Paul Campus that show different types of plants and soils that rain might land on when it comes from the sky. like a mushroom garden, a trial and display garden, a Native American Medicine garden or farm fields filled with Lester Soil.
We'll add to this throughout the week with pictures of and by campers, art work, and stories they collected about rain's path through the land.