Monday, July 18, 2016

Q&A with Rebecca Barney

One of the teachers that campers met today is Co-Teacher and Map Art Leader, Rebecca Barney, Research Assistant, U-Spatial, University of Minnesota

I asked her a bit about her work and feelings about water.

Q: What do you do for your job?
A: I make maps! Lots and lots of maps.

Q: What do you like best about your job?
A: I get to choose what goes on the map, the colors I want to use, and to make sure it tells the story I want it to.

Q: What is your favorite thing about water?
A: It keeps me hydrated and clean!

Q: What is your favorite place on the Mississippi River?
A: The Washington Avenue Bridge, I like to walk accross it and look at the Mississippi.

Q: What do you think people should know about water or that might surprise them about water?
A: We drink the same water that Dinosaurs drank!

Thanks Rebecca for the GIS work and creative map activities you've planned for campers!

No comments:

Post a Comment